Having gone back to work this year, it has been so important for us to have routine. I am by nature a routine person and function better when I have lists and structure. The mornings are our worst as we have to be out the house fairly early and if I don’t stick to a routine, it becomes extremely chaotic. I have made this checklist below that sits on the fridge to remind me. We don’t have a dishwasher until the new kitchen goes in next month so keeping on top of the dishes is important too.
1. Sit the kidlets down to breakfast
2. Put away the dry dishes and remind Gabbylocks of her morning routine
3. Get dressed and make our bed (If hubby hasn’t done it already) and Rogey Bear’s bed (GB does her own)
4. Get Rogey Bear ready
5. Finalise lunches
6. Wash dishes and clean bench top
1. After dinner, wash dishes
2. Have clothes ready for the morning
3. Make lunches and clean up kitchen
My husband jumps in and helps in some spots. Just thought I would throw that in.
This works for me. If you find the mornings a little chaotic, try this and stick to it.
Lots of smiles
Paula 🙂 🙂