This is my last week of work and then my daughter has one more week of kindy before she is on holiday. We are going on a big family cruise next year so need to save a few dollars. It got me thinking about how to keep my kidlets occupied. Our son does go to Day Care a couple of days a week which will allow our Gabbylocks and myself to have some girl time. I decided some planning was in order, so I made a list of all the things we could do. I thought I would share some of those ideas with you as well as some others you might be interested in. These activities will cost nothing or very little to save the dollars.
- A letter to Santa
- Library christmas activities – check out your local library
- Sandcastle building at the beach, perhaps with an ice cream thrown in
- Fancy high tea – for the girls – Have your friends bring a plate. The kids can play and the ladies can chat.
- Visit the local shopping centre and see what free activities they offer
- A picnic and then feed the ducks
- Home crafts – perhaps you could do some christmas ones
- Go through the toys that are no longer played with and take them, with the kids, to a donation drop off
- Water play outside – you can even get them to paint the fence, with water
- Have a movie afternoon with special movie snacks
- Have a play date – at your house, and then heirs
- Spend the morning at the local pool – remember to pack your own snacks to save the dollars
- Make different bubble blowers with wire coat hangers and have some fun
- Have your own photo booth – have a fun day with dress ups and funny poses
- Create a Treasure hunt in the backyard write out a list of things to find, and let them start hunting
- Have a lazy day where everyone gets to stay in their PJ’s and relax – even mum
- Create your own Day Spa at home – pedicures, manicures and fancy hair dos
- Roll out some butchers paper and let the kids go crazy with paint to create their own mural
- Play hide and seek
- Put the music on grab the kids and dance around the lounge room
- Play some board games
- Write an adventure story together – include pictures
- Ice and decorate some biscuits
- Make an obstacle course inside or outside
- Check your local council for activities on offer
These are just a few. Would love it if you had some ideas of your own.
Have a safe and happy holiday.
Lots of smiles
Paula 🙂 🙂