It is a very exciting time for our little family as we prepare for Gabbylocks to begin ‘big’school – Prep. As I have also been in Education for almost 20 years, I have been made well aware of the need for the correct school bag for students. 3/4 of young students complain of back pain before they are in high school, which is mainly due to bag size and weight. Now that we are looking for a bag for our baby girl we have been doing some research. I have listed some of the main points to consider when choosing the right bag.
- The backpack must be firm and adjustable
- Straps should cover both shoulders
- A waist strap should be included
- Choose the right size backpack carefully
- Always be aware of how much weight is put into the backpack
The above points are brief and can be read in more detail in the document by the Body Smart Health Centre.
The care of our childrens’ backs is paramount.