We are cooking up a storm for Christmas. Here is our recipe for Simple Reindeer Cupcakes that you can do with the kidlets. I love to make cupcakes from scratch but when time is an issue, I find the packet mix ones are so much easier.
1 packet of chocolate cupcake mix
Jaffa lollies or round red ones that are similar
Green and White M&Ms (or equivalent)
Black writing gel or icing
1. Make cupcakes according to packet directions.
2. Ice cupcakes according to packet directions (or your own version of chocolate butter icing will do).
3. Organise the items for decorating.
4. Create your reindeer Cupcakes. Pictures are below. I did one first for them to copy.
* Place a Jaffa lollie for the nose.
* Use 2 green or 2 white M&Ms for the eyes.
* Place a small dot of icing gel in the centre of each eye.
* Break a pretzel in half and sick into the cake for antlers.I have seen it done by using a whole pretzel per antler.
This is what my 6 Year old, Gabbylocks, came up with.
As Sharing is Caring, I should share my 3 Year old, Rogey Bear’s attempts. Let them be creative at this age.
This is a very basic Cooking activity with the kidlets. To make them look a little more authentic, you can place a small cookie on the cake first and then stick the nose onto that. I wanted something quick and simple as the concentration span in my two is very limited, especially Rogey Bear. I am even giving the Gingerbread ritual we have a miss this year. Too much concentration needed to decorate the houses. This was fun.
We are making Holly Cupcakes later today which I will post too.