Do you wash once a week or a few times during the week. I have to wash through the week. Previously I had a great ironing lady but since the move, I need to go on a search again. I am not a fan of ironing and it piles up. We are still settling in to the new house and unpacking so the washing routine is still getting back on track. Below are two free downloads to spruce up you laundry. I printed them out and framed them. They then were hung in the laundry. Unfortunately they are still in a box so I have to wait to get them up.
As I get myself organised to keep on top of things, I also need to get the kidlets organised. School can be such a busy time and mornings can be particularly hectic. Having a routine that the kids can follow themselves can help a great deal. Last year each of our children had their own. They followed it and moved a chosen magnet down each step as it was completed. I think they have moved on from that so there will be just one this year. I will place it onto a clip board and hang this in a central location outside their bedrooms.
Below is the one I have created for you to download for free. It makes things so much smoother. There is another week before the kids start school so we will use this week to practice our Morning Routine. For all those who have just started the new school year, or are about to, good luck.
During the week I posted about Meal Planning. As it is the start of the year, I am revamping all my schedule sheets. The next on my list was my Cleaning Schedule. I feel better having one as I am not the type of person that can spend one solid block cleaning. Due to working part-time and running kidlets around, I need to spread the load as this keeps me semi – sane. I organise the cleaning on a weekly schedule, around all the activities. This does not include the laundry as this is a separate schedule. Did I say I like schedules. Click on the image below to take you to the free download.
Well are you ready? As mentioned previously, school goes back soon and time can creep up on you. I have created a very general Back to School Checklist for you to download and print off. This is one to use Before the School Year Starts. Once the kidlets start school there is another one that you will need to do to make sure all is organised. As I had one in Kindy when I previously posted this, I have left it in. Kindy will only follow some of the checklist. Let’s get started and be on top of it before the chaos begins.
I am once again trying to get on top of things before the busy school year begins. There are so many areas to be organised in otherwise I feel like I am drowning. I confess I am a bit of a planner junkie and always feel so much better when I have a list or a planner in hand.
The first Planner I have updated and would like to share with you is a Weekly Meal Planner. I like to plan dinners for the week, so if everything goes to plan we know what is happening. On the odd occasion we might end up eating something different but I find it frustrating to be thinking about what we will have for dinner, on the day, and then having to shop for items. I am using a weekly planner to start with but would like to progress to a fortnightly one. I like to shop kid free (for the big one) so I will be doing the weekly shop, on a Wednesday. This suits us as I work on a Monday and Tuesday, kids activities on a Saturday and other plans for Thursdays and Fridays. Hence, our meal plan for the week, will start on a Thursday. I will race to the shops on a Saturday, after swimming lessons, to get any fresh food that might be needed, as well as bread and milk.
HOW TO MEAL PLAN
1. Sit down with your family planner (so you have an idea of who is where during the week) and your new free Meal Planner sheet.
2. Note the days when you will be late home from work or a kids activity, as well as times when someone might not be home at all.’Choose meals that will be prepared beforehand or are quick and easy to put together. This makes deciding between cooking or take away easy. Obviously choose the former.
3. Now plan the rest of your meals. I try to alternate with red meat, chicken, fish and vegetarian. We try to eat fish at least twice a week and vegetarian once.
4. Remember to check your fridge, freezer and pantry for food you may have and base a meal around this. Maybe make this a focus for one of the meals. Also check the fresh fruit and vegetables so you don’t buy too much. We waste so much food and should try to cut back on this.
5. After checking what ingredients you need for the grocery list, confirm you don’t already have this. Last year I kept finding I had doubled up on spices which was such a waste of money.
6. On the Meal Plan, I have included a space to add some baking for the week. I like to do this for the kidlets (and husband) so we buy less processed food.
Now, download the free Meal Plan sheet and print it off as many times as you like. This is for personal use only and can be shared with as many people as you want. It is not to be used for commercial use, without permission. Click on the snapshot below and it will take you to a PDF instantly.
Yeah, I finally have something to show for the Blog Planner I have been working on. There are still some pages I would like to add but this is a good start. Graphics are courtesy of Petit Tatti
The Planner consists of:
3 blank monthly planner pages – different colours for more choices
* You will need 12 copies, one for each month of the year
* Write the month at the top and then use the Yearly Calendar to see where 1st goes for each month. Fill in the days in the coloured circles.
Weekly blog planner page
* You will need 52 of these should you be blogging every week. I do 10 at a time in case I don’t blog in a particular week.
Blog expense tracker sheet
* Print out sheets as needed
Blog statistics page
* You should only need one of these
More details of how I use these pages will be in a later post.
You are able to download the pages for free by clicking on the pictures below. I also use a Yearly Calendar and insert this after the cover page. This is used to circle significant dates for the year ahead. I only ask that you use it for personal use and not sell or download it to share as your own.